Friday 5 September 2014

New University Bedroom!


So I have just moved into my new University house and I love it! I've come back to Manchester for the week to move in a few bits and do a few shifts in work so I haven't fully moved in yet. I've only moved in things that I know I wont need when I go back home for a few weeks before I officially move in. That's why my wardrobes so bare and there's not much decoration.

The house was fully refurbished before we moved in so we didn't really know what to expect. Let's just say I can't wait to show you the rest of the house, but for now I will just show you my bedroom! I live with 7 other people so to decide the rooms we picked out of a hat. Personally I think I have the best room! (These photos don't do it justice)

When we first looked around the rooms I wasn't sure about the open wardrobes as I know that I barely ever hang things up and people would be able to see how much of a mess it is. But after hanging up a few things I prefer it! It adds a bit of colour to the room, plus I think it will make me want to keep it neat instead of throwing them in. There is also an extra shelf above this picture so there is sooo much storage space, which is what my last years house lacked. I can't wait to bring all of my clothes now!


My bed doesn't look so great as I haven't brought all of my pillows yet, but trust me its so comfy! 


We have a TV in all of our rooms! Although I have a TV in my room at home, we lost the remote control (I share a room with my sister), so we don't ever use it. I am loving this little novelty of watching TV whilst I get ready! Also all the suitcases and bags I brought everything in are under the desk until I give them back to my mum and dad.


The only decoration I have in my room so far is these votive Yankee Candles and holders, mini photo frame from my friend Jenny and a letter K. 

I can't wait to show you my bedroom again when I've moved everything in. My room feels like I need more decoration in it at the moment but I'm not quite sure what to add. I want to add things to the wall but I'm not sure if that will make it look a little messy. Last year I had a magazine wall covering one of the walls so I think I want to more of a minimalist look this year. Let me know in the comments if you have any ideas for me!

In a few weeks you will get an updated bedroom tour as well as a house tour. I hope you have enjoyed reading this, I am really nosey and love looking at other peoples houses so sorry if you don't! 

Kelsey xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment