Sunday 31 August 2014

Makeup Revolution Mini Haul and Review


I have seen Makeup Revolution raved about on so many blogs, so I thought it was finally time to jump on the band wagon. I will be the first to say that I can be a makeup snob and will always think cheap makeup is really bad. After seeing Makeup Revolutions prices and all of the amazing reviews, I thought it would be stupid not to order a few bits.


Note- The pictures aren't of the best quality, but having the flash on was the only way for me to show the products true to colour.  

Iconic 3 Palette - £4.00

The first thing I knew I had to order was an eye shadow palette. They have so many to pick from and they are all so cheap, it was very hard deciding which one to choose! I eventually chose the Iconic 3 palette as I've heard its a dupe of Urban Decays Naked 3 palette. 

I have to say I'm in love with this palette! The colours are all so pigmented and although I don't have the Naked 3 palette, I can imagine it's just as good! I'm not a massive fan of shimmery eyeshadows, but these shimmer colours are all so pretty I'm sure I will be able to find a way to wear them. I love the 3 matte shades. When I first saw them I just thought they were going to come out brown, which I already have plenty of, but once you apply it to your eyelid they have a pinky/maroon tint to them. I have been looking for colours like them for ages now as they are perfect for the winter with a darker lip. So far I can't say a bad word about this product.

I made a little gif of the 3 matte eye shadows. I am also wearing Treat lipstick (below)

Treat Lipstick and The One Lipstick - £1.00

There is 30 different lipstick shades to choose from, and for £1.00 it was hard not to buy them all! But I decided I'd try them out before I bought too many in case they aren't very good. Treat is a pinky brown lipstick which is my favourite colour for lips. Its the perfect shade for adding colour to your lips whilst still natural looking. The One is lighter than Treat as it's a nude shade (It's not as pink as in the picture). I have really light skin and I think it might be a little too nude for me, I kinda look as though I have foundation lips if I apply too much. If you have medium-dark skin I would recommend getting a darker lipstick. 

These lipsticks are so creamy and moisturising! I am so shocked and even prefer them to some of my MAC lipsticks! I am definitely going to be ordering some more soon and Treat now lives in my handbag. Even my mum wants me to get her Treat for her birthday! I couldn't recommend these lipsticks enough. For £1 you can try out some new shades which you wouldn't normally wear as £1 isn't much at all!

Ultra Blush and Contour Palette - Hot Spice - £6.00
Sorry about the bad quality photo!
Blusher isn't normally something I invest in as I have quite pinkish cheeks naturally, so I don't like to add more colour. My favourite Illamasqua blusher has just cracked (and gone all over my makeup bag), so after seeing these blush palettes I decided I needed get one! There are two blush palettes which you can choose from, Hot Spice (above) and Sugar and Spice (Pink shades). I normally go for peachy coloured blusher as it makes me look a little more tan so opted for Hot Spice.

At first I didn't think it was very pigmented, but after swirling my finger in the colours they were very pigmented. Be warned- make sure you tap a bit off the brush before applying! I haven't used all of the colours yet so I can't decided which is my favourite, but so far I don't have any which I hate. There is a mixture of matte, shimmer and highlighter colours. The darker pink highlighter goes perfectly with all of the blushers, I think the lighter highlighter is a little to pink/purple for this palette. I think if you owned both of the palettes, you wouldn't need to buy blusher for a looong time!

I am so impressed with Makeup Revolution so far! If you haven't bought anything from them then you need to! The only thing I would say Makeup Revolution need to improve on is to have more matte eyeshadow palettes. They only have one completely matte palette, but the colour range isn't that great. They also need to start selling in more stores so I can buy more of these products without having to pay postage! 

If you have any more questions about these products which I haven't answered, then please let me know in the comments.

Kelsey xxx

1 comment:

  1. The shades in the Iconic 3 look lovely, I love the eyeshadow look you created and would love to see how you did it! I also really like the lipstick shades you picked :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete